Our purpose is to provide individualized, deliberate, student-focused support to help students enroll in a great-fit college where they will be challenged, will grow, and will thrive.
Some of the ways we accomplish this are by:
- Providing family and one-on-one counseling as well as curriculum-based seminar courses for juniors in their spring semester.
- Guiding students and families in creating a list of schools that will fit the student's unique talents and interests and that will be a great fit academically, socially, and financially.
- Advising students and parents on standardized testing, college essays, the application process, interviews, college visits, and financial aid.
- Working closely with and assisting seniors as they complete their essays and applications, ensuring they meet all deadlines and submit top-notch applications.
- Hosting over 100 college and university representatives on campus in the fall to meet with students and to learn about Wooster's unique and engaging community.
Adam Kendis, Director of College Guidance
Adam joined Wooster in the summer of 2018. He has been working in college guidance for over 12 years. Prior to Wooster, he led college guidance efforts at both the school and district level with two of the top charter school networks in the country -- Uncommon Schools and Achievement First. Adam started his career in education as a high school math teacher.
Gabriel Smiley, Associate Director of College Guidance
Gabe joined the Wooster community in the fall of 2020, with over 10 years of experience in college counseling. Most recently, Gabe was the Director of College Counseling at Poughkeepsie Day School (NY).