How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Wooster School. Wooster School is an independent, co-educational college preparatory day school, serving students from Fairfield and Westchester Counties. Located in Danbury, Connecticut, the School serves students from grade 3 through grade 12.
A leader in classroom innovation and teaching, Wooster School is a place where thinking and learning are personal, meaningful, and visible; and where faculty work closely with students in small classes and cohorts to think and communicate critically and creatively. At Wooster, every student participates, every student contributes, and every student learns and develops the necessary skills to be a life-long learner and leader in college and beyond.
Upcoming Virtual Admission Events
- Wednesday, April 29 at 9:00 am - Meet with the Admission Team
- Wednesday, May 6 at 6:00 pm - Student Panel Q&A
- Wednesday, May 13 at 9:00 am - Wooster’s Online Learning - Teacher Panel
- Wednesday, May 20 at 9:00 am - What do you miss most about Wooster School? - Student/Parent Panel
Can't attend any of these events?
For families who cannot attend an Virtual Admission event, we invite you to schedule a virtual conversation with a member of our Admission team.
Come see firsthand how the Wooster School community fosters a culture rich in thinking, learning, relationships, and Self-Help. Our students develop the skills, dispositions, and knowledge necessary to confidently and resiliently engage the world as people of conscience, compassion, and action.
These informal, student-led tours offer prospective students and their parents a glimpse of the academic day and student life at Wooster School.
1. Download the appropriate Admission checklist and forms
(please review for a complete list of application requirements)
3. Student Visits
Schedule Classroom Visitation and Interview by calling the Admission Office at 203-830-3916. Visits are scheduled when the application and application fee is received.
- Grades 4-5: Your child will be invited to come in for a class visit. The applicant will visit in his or her current grade and participate in daily activities.
- Grades 6-12: Each applicant is required to spend 1/2 day shadowing a student, participating, and observing a typical day. During the day, a member of the Office of Admission will interview the applicant. Students applying to Grades 6 and 9 will visit in those grades while students applying to other grades will visit in their current grade.
Applicants, Grades 6-10, take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) or the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Wooster is an ISEE test site. You may sit for the exam by registering at www.iseetest.org. You may register for the SSAT online at www.ssat.org.